The Matboard is a social bookmarking site (much like Pinterest) that allows creative professionals to share, inspire and explore while matting advertisements, magazine covers, photography, infographics, etc. to their personal boards. The Matboard can also be integrated with Facebook and Twitter for easy sharing or finding of friends. The site was launched about a week ago and has has been given some serious attention. I honestly think this site is better than Pinterest, but I may be biased I am a creative. When I want to find design inspiration or am looking for something specifically design related in Pinterest I end up having to search through recipes and wedding dresses before I find what I was searching for. The Matboard, however, provides me with a bevy of design inspiration that I can actually use.
The Matboard’s search view is designed in tile boards, much like Pinterest’s design. When you click on an image you will see a variety of options like in the image above. Unfortunately, My screen in smaller so I can’t show you the whole screen. You will have to check it out yourself 😉
How can creative professionals use the Matboard:
- Searching for inspirations: There are 2,000+ items posted to the Matboard at this time.
- Career advancements: Creative users can upload their work to a Matboard to ensure exposure.
- Self-promotions: Contact the makers for information about self-promotion via the Matboard help page.
- Project Moodboards: The Matboard allows users to collect imagery, colors, and typography and visually organize it on a specific Matboard to create an ideal look and feel for a project.
- Networkings: Users are able to follow other creatives, view their profiles, and learn more about them and their careers (assuming all of that information is posted.